APSN Banner

Survey: 53% respondents plan spending Christmas, New Years at home

Tempo - December 7, 2021

Bisnis.Com, Jakarta – The Christmas and New Year's holiday is right around the corner. A survey by indoguidebook.com showed that most people, 53 percent to be exact, opt to spend their holidays at home.

"53 percent of the respondents plan to spend their holidays at home. The other 47 percent are planning a vacation, mostly out of town," IndoGuideBook content marketing specialist M. Ridho Utama said in a written statement, Monday, December 6.

Surprisingly, the biggest reason for holidaying at home is not the pandemic. Forty-six percent of respondents said their main reason for not traveling during the holiday is money – they just don't have the budget for it.

The survey also revealed that 66 percent of the respondents planning to travel agree with the government's policy mandating Covid-19 tests – antigen or PCR, for the sake of preventing transmission.

Meanwhile, 78 percent of respondents said that face masks are the number one must – bring item during the pandemic, followed by hand sanitizers, personal cutlery, disinfectant, and wet tissues.

The survey on Christmas and New Year's holidays involved 223 respondents on October 29 and 30. The survey used the simple random sampling.

Source: https://en.tempo.co/read/1536675/survey-53-respondents-plan-spending-christmas-new-years-at-hom