Jakarta – Indonesia's additional budget of 100 trillion rupiah (S$8.34 billion) for its programme to give free meals to school children this year will add nearly 2 percentage points to
Health & Nutrition
Displaying 151 - 200 of 5128 Documents
January 31, 2025
Jakarta – The return of foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) among cattle in Indonesia is a serious threat to the government's target of achieving food self-sufficiency.
Novali Panji Nugroho, Devy Ernis, Jakarta – Chief of the Indonesian National Defense Forces (TNI), General Agus Subiyanto, revealed the special role of the military in the free nutritio
Ervana Trikarinaputri, Jakarta – Indonesian Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati hopes that financial institutions such as banks can contribute to the success of the free nutritious m
January 28, 2025
Jakarta – The Center of Economic and Law Studies (Celios) assessed that the distribution of the Free Nutritious Meal Program (MBG) from President Prabowo Subianto's administration has n
Andi Adam Faturahman, Jakarta – The Ministry of Higher Education, Science, and Technology said it would collaborate with the Ministry of Health to resolve the shortage issue in Indonesi
January 27, 2025
Chesa Andini Saputra, Jakarta – Indonesia's National Nutrition Agency (BGN) plans to introduce insects and worms into its free nutritious meal program (MBG) as an alternative protein so
Han Revanda, Jakarta – Indonesia's Ministry of Agriculture (Kementan) is focusing on handling foot and mouth disease (FMD) in nine provinces that are still included in the FMD eradicati
Jakarta – The Food and Drug Monitoring Agency (BPOM) has promised to tighten monitoring of the production and distribution of local skincare products to enforce compliance with existing
Antara, Jakarta – Professor of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia (FKUI), Professor Tjandra Yoga Aditama, said that Indonesia needs to follow up on India's success in faci
January 24, 2025
Sultan Abdurrahman, Jakarta – The Center for Economics and Law Studies (Celios) has raised concerns about the potential for budget leakage up to trillions of rupiah in the Free Nutritio
January 23, 2025
Olena Wibisana, Yogyakarta – The Yogyakarta City Government has reimposed a local regulation designating the Malioboro tourist area as a smoke-free zone.
January 21, 2025
Jakarta – The government has announced that President Prabowo Subianto's flagship free meals program, which was introduced earlier this month across 26 provinces in the country, will re
January 20, 2025
Jakarta – President Prabowo Subianto on Monday issued an apology for the delay in the implementation of the free meals program and promised that the program would be started nationwide
Nicholas Ryan Aditya, Ardito Ramadhan, Jakarta – The Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence (Kontras) believes that the involvement of the TNI (Indonesian Military) in t
Jakarta – Dozens of cases of foodborne illness have been recorded among participating schools in multiple regions just two weeks into the launch of President Prabowo Subiantio's free nu
January 18, 2025
Jakarta – Indonesia needs 100 trillion rupiah ($6.11 billion) in additional budget to expand its free nutritious meals programme to reach more than a quarter of its population by year-e
Ervana Trikarinaputri, Jakarta – Samuel Sekuritas Indonesia's senior economist, Fithra Faisal Hastiadi, has cautioned that President Prabowo Subianto's priority program for providing fr
January 17, 2025
Nabilla Azzahra, Devy Ernis, Jakarta – Member of Commission IX of the House of Representatives (DPR) Irma Suryani proposed that the government use funds from cigarette excise to cover t
BeritaSatu, Jakarta – Presidential spokesman Hasan Nasbi recently called for tighter food safety policies after tens of students got food poisoning during a free meal rollout in Sukohar
Jakarta – President Prabowo Subianto said on Thursday that while he welcomed public participation in financing his signature free meals program for students, he would not accept zakat,
January 15, 2025
Irsyan Hasyim, Jakarta – The Indonesian Ministry of Environment said food waste generated from the free nutritious meal program will be influenced by several factors, including the scal
January 14, 2025
Wahroni, Jakarta – Health workers at Soekarno-Hatta (Soetta) and Halim Perdanakusuma Airports in Jakarta have increased surveillance efforts to prevent the spread of human metapneumovir
January 13, 2025
Chesa Andini Saputra, Antara, Jakarta – Indonesians are urged to stay vigilant to the potential outbreak of flu-like Human Metapneumovirus (HMPV) that could spread faster during the coo
January 12, 2025
Didik Fibrianto, Batu – The East Java government has launched a large-scale vaccination campaign following the infection of 11,317 cows by foot and mouth disease (FMD), making the provi
January 11, 2025
Antara, Jakarta – Jakarta Provincial Health Office recorded 214 cases of acute respiratory infection, or ISPA, caused by human metapneumovirus (HMPV) in data collection until January 20
January 10, 2025
Karunia Putri, Jakarta – Coordinating Minister for Food Zulkifli Hasan or Zulhas has revealed that the current Rp71 trillion budget allocated for the Free Nutritious Meals (MBG) program
January 9, 2025
Han Revanda, Jakarta – The deputy minister of agriculture, Sudaryono, confirms that Indonesia will import 2 million dairy and beef cattle for the next five years to support the free nut
January 8, 2025
Jakarta – The government's ambitious free nutritious meals program for students was rolled out with much fanfare on Monday, with several ministers inspecting related facilities even as
Jayanty Nada Shofa, Jakarta – Indonesia announced Wednesday that it would import around 400,000 cattle this year, according to Deputy Agricultural Minister Sudaryono.
January 7, 2025
Cantika.com, Jakarta – The HMPV virus or Human Metapneumovirus, which recently broke out in China, has reportedly been found in Indonesia. All cases found involved children.
Jamaah, Ahmad Hisyam Nugroho, Jember – At least 763 cows in Jember Regency, East Java, have been infected with foot and mouth disease (FMD), resulting in 61 deaths over the past few mon
Eka Yudha Saputra, Jakarta – The Presidential Communications Office Head, Hasan Nasbi, admitted that some regions are still utilizing President Prabowo Subianto's personal funds to supp
Basudiwa Supraja, Jakarta – President Prabowo Subianto is planning to make surprise inspections to make sure that his flagship free nutritious meal program is going well, according to a
January 6, 2025
President Prabowo Subianto's ambitious multi-billion dollar programme to provide free meals to more than a quarter of his people was officially underway on Monday, officials said, with
Jayanty Nada Shofa, Jakarta – The government must make sure that the vendors in charge of making the meals for Indonesia's historic school feeding program get paid for their services, a
Jakarta – Indonesia launched an ambitious $4.3 billion free-meal program on Monday to combat stunted growth due to malnutrition, a key election promise of President Prabowo Subianto.
January 5, 2025
Thomas Rizal, Andi Maulana, Jakarta – Indonesia will officially launch its first nationwide free meal program on Monday, aimed at providing nutritious meals to school-aged children, exp
January 3, 2025
Hendrik Yaputra, Jakarta – President Prabowo Subianto announced a free health check program for all citizens on their birthdays.
January 2, 2025
Hanif Musyaffa, Jakarta – Hermawati Setyorinny, General Chair of the Indonesian Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Industry Association Akumandiri, criticized the government's
December 31, 2024
Juan Ardya Guardiola, Jakarta – The government must establish quality control and oversight teams to ensure the effective implementation of Indonesia's first-ever free nutritious meal p
Anastasya Lavenia Y, Jakarta – The Indonesian Ministry of Health confirmed that there have been no reports of influenza type A (Flu A) and Human metapneumovirus (HMPV) cases in Indonesi
December 30, 2024
Jakarta – Several catering businesses in Kediri, East Java fell victim to a fraud scheme, in which they were promised to be the suppliers for President Prabowo Subianto's flagship free
December 28, 2024
Anis Firmansah, Kediri – A group claiming to be involved in President Prabowo Subianto's flagship Free Nutritious Meals (MBG) program for children and pregnant mothers has defrauded doz
December 27, 2024
Mita Amalia Hapsari, Antara, Jakarta – The type of foods given to the schoolchildren in the upcoming free meal program will vary depending on the region.
December 24, 2024
Jayanty Nada Shofa, Jakarta – The National Nutrition Agency or BGN said Tuesday that parents would not have to spend a dime for the upcoming nutritious school lunch program, let alone b
December 20, 2024
Agung Dharma Putra, Jakarta – National Nutrition Agency (Bapanas) Head Dadan Hindayana announced that the government's Free Nutritious Meal Program (MBG) will begin on Jan.
December 19, 2024
Herman, Jakarta – Ausino Exim Pty Ltd has announced a recall of several Indomie instant noodle variants in Australia due to undeclared allergens on their packaging.
Alfida Rizky Febrianna, Jakarta – Senior Economist and Executive Director of the Center of Reform on Economics (CORE) Indonesia, Mohammad Faisal, warned the government of potential food
December 18, 2024
Jayanty Nada Shofa, Jakarta – Germany has agreed to forgive Indonesia's debt worth 75 million euros or around $78 million in return for the Southeast Asian country to invest in its publ