Over the last few days, in the mist of the corona virus pandemic that is still not under control, the House of Representatives (DPR) was still enthusiastically deliberating the Draft Omnibus Law on Job Creation.
Upon hearing news today, October 5, that the bourgeois parties in Senayan have agreed to take the law to a plenary meeting, we then heard that the DPR is holding a plenary meeting to enact the law.
In several areas such as the Jakarta satellite cities of Tangerang, Bekasi and Bogor, workers heading for the DPR parliamentary complex in Jakarta were blocked by security forces from the police and the TNI (Indonesian military). This shows that the repressive tools of the state are again being deployed to secure the pro-capitalist polices of the government which will further oppress ordinary people and the working class.
The fight to defeat the Omnibus Law is a fight against the politics of low wages, the expropriation of workers' rights, the rights of women workers, legalising the exploitation and powers of the bosses, the theft of land, a monopoly of agrarian resources and wealth, and the commercialisation of education.
The Omnibus Law, which is cynically referred to as the Job Creation Law, will not create decent or permanent employment. Rather, it will facilitate investment, exploitation and the accumulation of capital.
In short, the Omnibus Law will facilitate the exploitation and oppression of workers and the ordinary people for the sake of capitalism. Because of this therefore, the fight against the Omnibus Law cannot be separated from the struggle against capitalism itself.
The fight to defeat the Omnibus Law can only be won by uniting all workers and oppressed people in a single front to launch a national strike. The Socialist Youth Organisation (Organisasi Kaum Muda Sosialis, OKMS) is therefore calling for:
- Workers and the people to unite!
- Defeat the Omnibus Law with a national strike!
- Reject collaboration with any bourgeois forces!
Socialist Youth Organisation - October 5, 2020
- Socialist Study Circle (LSS) (Yogyakarta): 085702093394 WA/FB: LINGKAR STUDI SOSIALIS
- People's Study Circle (LSK) (Samarinda): 083140213888 WA/FB: LINGKAR STUDI KERAKYATAN
- LSK (East Kutai): 081257451997 WA/FB: LINGKAR STUDI KERAKYATAN KUTIM
- LSK (Bombana): 082198978251 WA/FB: STUDIKERAKYATAN_BOMBANA
- Cross Communal: (Balikpapan): 087709273865 WA/IG: LINTAS KOMUNAL
- Youth Resistance (Semarang): 083195101245 WA/FB: MUDA MELAWAN
- Study Circle of Struggle (Tasikmalaaya): 081222468817 WA/FB: LINGKAR STUDI PERJUANGAN
- Socials Youth (Malang): 081357000381 8WA/FB: SOSIALIS MUDA
- Resistance (Jabodetabeka): 085839783935 WA/FB: RESISTANCE
- Salatiga Socialist Study (Salatiga):083821281049 WA/IG: STUDISOSIALISSALATIGA
- Revolutionary Study (Kudus):081218568859 WA/IG: STUDIREVOLUSIONER
- Socialist Youth League (Bojonegoro): 0813226970206 WA/IG: LIGAPEMUDASOSIALISBJN
About Arah Juang
Arah Juang is published by the Socialist Union (Perserikatan Sosialis, PS). The Socialist Union is a socialist organisation fighting for the revolutionary overthrow of the capitalist order and to build a socialist society.
Because of this, the organisation is based on the revolutionary vanguard and made up of the most advanced elements of the working class and working people.
The socialist society we are fighting for is one where the forces of the working class and working people are organised as a state based on people's committees.
Along with this, the means of production will be organised in a democratic and planned manner to create a society which is classless and environmentally sustainable, so that for the first time a truly humane society can be created, where the freedom to grow will be the condition for the development of the human community as a whole.
[Translated by James Balowski. The original title of the article was "Cabut Omnibus Law dengan mogok nasional!!!".]