M Julnis Firmansyah, Jakarta – President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo is set to launch a program of non-judicial settlement of past gross human rights violations cases in Rumoh Geudong, Pidie Regency, Aceh Province, today, June 27.
The President and the entourage departed for Aceh from the Halim Perdanakusuma Air Force Base, East Jakarta, using the Indonesian Presidential plane-1 this morning at around 06:40 Western Indonesian Time (WIB).
"Upon arrival at Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport, Aceh Besar District, the President will continue the journey by using the Indonesian Air Force Super Puma helicopter to Pidie District," as said in a press release published by the Press, Media, and Information Bureau of the Presidential Secretariat, on Tuesday, June 27, 2023.After launching the program, the state head will immediately return to Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport, to then take off back to Jakarta.
State officials joining the entourage are State Secretary Minister Pratikno, Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko, Deputy for Protocol, Press and Media Bey Machmudin, Presidential Military Secretary Rear Admiral Hersan, and Presidential Security Detail (Paspampres) Commander Major General Rafael Granada Baay.
Jokowi acknowledges 12 past serious human rights violations
Earlier this year, President Jokowi acknowledged the 12 gross human rights violations that occurred in the past. This was conveyed after receiving a report from the Team for the Non-Judicial Settlement of Past Serious Human Rights Violations.
"With a clear mind and a sincere heart, I as the leader of the Republic of Indonesia, admit that serious human rights violations have indeed happened in several incidents," Jokowi said in a speech at the Jakarta State Palace, on Wednesday, January 11, 2023.