Marchio Irfan Gorbiano, Jakarta – Two days after inaugurating the Indonesia Onward Cabinet, President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has named the new deputy ministers to assist the work of his Cabinet members in his second and final term in office.
Compared with only appointing three deputy ministers in his first term – namely deputy finance minister Mardiasmo, deputy foreign minister AM Fachir, and deputy energy and mineral resources minister Archandra Tahar, Jokowi has expanded the number of deputy ministers to 11 posts for his new Cabinet.
The following are the names and position of the newly sworn in deputy ministers:
1. Deputy State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) Minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin (former president director of state-owned mining holding company Mining Industry Indonesia [MIND ID])
2. Deputy State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) Minister Kartiko Wirjoatmodjo (former president director of state-owned lender Bank Mandiri)
3. Deputy Defense Minister Wahyu Sakti Trenggono (former Jokowi-Ma'ruf Amin's campaign team treasurer)
4. Deputy Tourism and Creative Economy Minister Angela Tanoesoedibjo (former managing director of Rajawali Citra Televisi Indonesia [RCTI], a subsidiary of diversified conglomerate MNC Group)
5. Deputy Religious Affairs Minister Zainut Tauhid (deputy chairman of Indonesian Ulema Council [MUI])
6. Deputy Agrarian and Spatial Planning Minister Surya Tjandra (Indonesian Solidarity Party (PSI) politician)
7. Deputy Public Works and Housing Minister John Wempi Wetipo (Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) politician and former Jayawijaya regent)
8. Deputy Foreign Minister Mahendra Siregar (former Indonesian ambassador to the United States)
9. Deputy Environment and Forestry Minister Aloe Dohong (former Peatland Restoration Agency deputy for construction, operation and maintenance)
10. Deputy Villages, Disadvantaged Region and Transmigration Minister Budi Arie Setiadi (chairman of Projo, volunteer group supporting Jokowi)
11. Deputy Trade Minister Jerry Sambuaga (Golkar Party politician)
12. Deputy Finance Minister Suahasil Nazara (former head of Finance Ministry's Fiscal Policy Agency [BKF])