Budiarti Utami Putri, Jakarta – Deputy Chairman of the Great Indonesia Movement Party (Gerindra) Fadli Zon, was reluctant to make any comments or speculations in relation to the offer made by Joko Widodo-Ma'ruf Amin bloc to his party.
Fadli said that the Prabowo Subianto-Sandiaga Uno bloc will continue to focus on the Presidential Election lawsuit at the Constitutional Court.
"All the dynamics are depending on what we are going through now. I think there has to be a chance to prove all the fraud that occurs in the ongoing process," Fadli said on Wednesday, June 5, 2019.
Fadli was also reluctant to speculate on the possibilities that may be exploited by his party. He asserted that all possibilities will be open for discussion and will be decided by the party chairman Prabowo Subianto.
Previously, the Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko, mentioned that there are possibilities for Gerindra to join in the Jokowi coalition. The Deputy Chief of Jokowi-Ma'ruf National Campaign Team said that they should pay close attention to check and balances function if Gerindra decided to join the coalition.
In response to Moeldoko's statement, Gerinda Deputy Secretary General Andre Rosiade, claimed that his party had received a number of offers from Jokowi bloc. Andre explained that the offers were for positions in the future cabinet and parliament, which includes the position as the Chairman of the People's Representatives Assembly, and chief of parliament commission.
Despite the offer, Andre considered that it would be better for the party to remain as an opposition. He claimed that by being the opposition, the party will gain much respect and can provide contribution for the public by exercising its check and balance function against the government.
"This is my personal opinion, but I think this opinion represents the majority of Prabowo and Gerindra's supporters," Andre said to Tempo on June 4, 2019.