Friski Riana, Jakarta – The legal team head of the Jokowi-Ma'ruf campaign team, Yusril Ihza Mahendra, said news links could be presented as evidence in the dispute case of the 2019 presidential election so long as they were supported by other proofs, such as witnesses' testimonies.
"A single news link cannot be used as evidence," said Yusril at the Constitutional Court (MK), Jakarta on Monday, May 27.
According to him, all advocates are well aware that that evidence submitted to the court is in the form of witnesses' testimonies, experts' testimonies, applicant's statement, and letter proofs, such as C1 forms.
Previously, the lawyer team of the Prabowo-Sandiaga campaign team officially registered an election dispute case to MK along with 51 lists of evidence – 34 of them were news links detailing alleged structured, systematic, and massive electoral fraud during the presidential election, such as the partiality of state apparatus, the police, the intelligence agency, as well as the abuse of bureaucracy and SOEs.
The Election Supervisory Board or Bawaslu had earlier rejected the reports presented by the Prabowo-Sandiaga campaign team on the alleged electoral fraud due to a lack of evidence as the team only submitted copies of news link.