APSN Banner

Jokowi's public approval takes nosedive in latest IPO survey

Tempo - March 28, 2022

Dewi Nurita, Jakarta – Indonesia Political Opinion (IPO) executive director Dedi Kurnia Syah said Monday its latest survey showed the public approval rating of President Joko Widodo, or Jokowi, experienced a sudden fall within just one month.

The pollster's latest survey found 51 percent of its 1,220 respondents were unsatisfied and very unsatisfied with the President's performance, leaving only 49 percent of the respondents approving of the President's leadership in his last term.

"It was 69 percent in February and within a month there was a significant drop which doesn't even reach 50 percent," said Dedi on March 28.

He said the plummetting approval rating was linked to the scarcity and spiking prices of commodities such as cooking oil earlier in March.

"The extreme decline can also be a byproduct of the discourse trying to push for an election postponement agenda and presidential term extension," Dedi explained. "After looking highly in approval, they then declined."

The phone interview survey was held from March 11-17 via telephone interview with 1,200 respondents the pollster filtered from its 196,420 potential respondents with a 2.9 percent margin of error.

Source: https://en.tempo.co/read/1575722/jokowis-public-approval-takes-nosedive-in-latest-ipo-surve