Mutia Yuantisya, Jakarta – President of the Labour Party Said Iqbal, said that around 100 thousand laborers will hold a rally in front of the Hosue of Representatives building as a commemoration of International Labour Day or May Day on May 14, 2022. In the rally, laborers will make 16 demands.
"May Day conducted in front of the House of Representatives building will deliver 16 demands," Said said in a press conference on Thursday, May 5, 2022.
The following are the 16 demands that will be delivered by laborers at the House of Representatives building:
- Reject the omnibus Job Creation Law.
- Reduce prices of staple needs (cooking oil, meat, flour, eggs), fuel and gas.
- Pass the PRT Draft Bill, Reject revisions of the Law on Creation of Laws and Regulations, and reject revisions of Law on Labor Unions.
- Reject cheap wage.
- Eliminate outsourcing.
- Fair redistribution of wealth by adding social security programs (security on food, housing, unemployment, education, and clean water).
- Reject VAT increase.
- Pass the Draft Bill on the protection of ship crews and migrant workers.
- Reject reduction of premium assistance beneficiary participants of Health Insurance.
- No one should be starving in a rich country.
- Achieve food sovereignty and agrarian reform.
- Stop criminalization of farmers.
- Cheap education fees and free mandatory 15 years of education.
- Promote teachers and non-tenured staffs to Civil Servants.
- Reject extension of Presidential term or three terms.
- Empowerment of the informal sector.
Said said that the action will begin at 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM Western Indonesia Time. And on 1:00 PM until 6:00 PM, laborers will move to Istora Senayan with an estimation of 50 to 60 thousand people.
Previously, labor unions have carried out actions on May 1, 2022, at the House of Representatives building and the Hotel Indonesia Roundabout. In addition, they had also awarded the National Laborers Hero for labor figures as part of the international labor day commemoration.
A number of figures who received the National Laborers Hero are Marsinah, Former Minister of Manpower Jacob Nuwa Wea, Thamrin Mosii, and Mukhtar Pakpahan.