Antara, Jakarta – The National Police (Polri) have officially set free two youngsters who were previously detained by law enforcers on suspicions of being involved in the recent attack by an armed criminal group (KKB)'s on the Sugapa Police Sector in Papua.
National Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Ahmad Ramadhan said that police investigation deemed OJ (20) and NT (18) to be innocent and were not involved in the attack.
"The Nemangkawi task force traced the two men and found no links to an armed criminal group (KKB). They are set to be sent home," said Ramadhan in a press conference on November 19, Antaranews reported.
Previous reports suggested that shots were fired, allegedly by KKB members, at the direction of Telkomsel Tower and the Sugapa Police Sector.
The Nemangkawi police task force conducted a visual investigation with the help of a drone and saw five individuals carrying three rifles gathered in a nearby location.
"Officers checked the house and secured the two teens, OJ and NT," he said. "The Nemangkawi task force is still hunting down the suspects and securing nearby areas. There were no victims from the initial incident."