Dicky Christanto, Jakarta – An official at the Attorney General's Office (AGO) said while prosecutors were investigating nine suspects in the Nasruddin murder case, police were exploring a sidebar case regarding the alleged crime abuse by officials from the antigraft body.
The Nasruddin murder case also implicates suspended chief of the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) Antasari Azhar,
"There will be a new investigation conducted by the police to find whether there was any abuse of authority in this case. During this time, these suspects would be still indicted by planning and committing premeditated murder," Junior Attorney General for General Crimes Abdul Hakim Ritonga told The Jakarta Post on Monday.
However, he declined to elaborate further on who the police were shooting in the investigation.
Chief Detective Comr. Gen. Susno Duadji revealed last week that he was wiretapped, an action he regretted, saying it was aimed at finding out non-graft activities.
He added the only institutions that were allowed to conduct wiretapping activities in investigating all cases were the AGO, the police and the antigraft body.
"While other institutions [such as the KPK] can only wiretap graft allegations."
Susno said if those conducting wiretapping had already stolen information on the murder case, as alleged, the antigraft body should have let the police know about it for preventive purposes.
The KPK's Johan Budi however denied such allegations, saying that KPK officials had stopped the wiretapping as soon as they discovered there was nothing related to the graft allegation.
He also added that none of the officials were aware of who possessed the telephones that had been wiretapped.
The case was originated when Nasruddin Zulkarnaen, director of PT Putra Rajawali Banjaran was killed on his way back home from golfing at the Modernland golf course on March 14 2009.
Later on the police in their investigation into the case found out proves that connected the killing to Antasari. He was accused of having masterminded the killing.
Both nine field executors in the murder case and those who were behind the murder were to stand trial in an immediate future since prosecutors have already found the suspects' dossiers complete and would bring them to the court.
The nine field executors were, among others, Hendrikus Kia Walens, Fransiskus Tadon Kerans, Daniel Daen, Heri Santosa and Eduardus Ndopo Mbete. "We had given the dossiers to the police so they could make final revision before we deliver it to the court," Susno said.
He added the police have already sent the dossiers of "intellectual actors" behind the murder to the Attorney General Office, which has begun studying the case.
The intellectual actors included media businessman Sigid Haryo, former West Jakarta police Chief Sr. Comr. Wiliardi Wizar, Jerry Hermawan and Antasari.
General Attorney Hendarman Supandj said earlier that the hearing session for this case was likely to be held at the South Jakarta District Court, referring to Sigid's residence where the murder plot was discussed and prepared.
He added while the executioners could be tried at the Tangerang District Court in Banten because the murder took place in the regency. "But this will depend on the panel of judges to decide where the trial will be conducted," Hendarman said. (bbs)
